Monday, June 12, 2006

Hands Off!

I was doing some window-shopping yesterday, and all of a sudden, I felt this hand pulling me hard, and dragging me a few steps ahead:
- You have to see this; I found the perfect shoes for you!
My mind hadn’t processed yet what did just happen, or why a stranger decided I must check those perfect shoes she was so excited about. I wanted to say: "hey, lady, Look at me! I'm not your sister or friend or whomever you thought I was!" but I was just too surprised, lazy or numb if you want. I was being carried away and keeping the silence. And although she did look at me at some point, she kept pulling my hand zealously; who knows, maybe her mind was in a slow processing mode as well.
In the end, she realized her mistake, and simply let go without uttering a single word.

An hour later, in some other place, I was paying the cashier the price of an item I purchased, when I felt a couple of hands touching me. "ya 3ammeh, shul ossa!" was I being robbed? Or maybe the place is just too crowded? The hands were getting closer and closer, as if hugging me from behind, and I was vainly trying to turn and return, still not processing what was going on. A few seconds later, they still wouldn’t let go. But it wasn’t due to the crowd! This time, when the girl in question discovered she mistook me for her friend, she almost died of embarrassment and quickly faded away.

Did I wear the wrong clothes that day? Or maybe I wore the wrong face? The anonymous one? Was I Mrs. Smith or Mme Dupond, or just somebody who is nobody, somebody who can be anybody? I don’t know. but it was weird. and disturbing.

6 Comments:

At Monday, June 12, 2006 1:11:00 AM, Blogger Laila K said...

yee weird..
you have this positive aura that makes people feel better..maybe that's it, they cant help it!

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 3:36:00 AM, Blogger Hashem said...

laiki, anonymous, or very famous? ;)

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 9:25:00 AM, Blogger Eve said...

when you guys put it like that, it seems much better :p

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Eve,
ykhla' men elshabah arb3een :))

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 4:55:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

hey rain, welcome to my blog! you mean to tell me i have to experience this 37 more time :) ?

 
At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 1:40:00 PM, Blogger Rain said...

LOL :D i hope not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home