Monday, January 30, 2006

Oops... sorry!

I don’t usually tend to forget birthdays. Not because I write them down or anything. I just don't forget birthdays of people I'm in close contact with, and whom I have been dealing with for a long period of my life. Come to think of it, I'm indifferent to people who call you on your birthday, just because they had written the date down somewhere, or because they had saved it in their mobiles.
Why am I talking about this?
Today, for the first time in my life, I totally forgot about my best friend's birthday!
And yes, it is a big deal for me! I feel weird because it never happened before, and kind of guilty. I know I would not really appreciate it, had it happened the other way around.
"Leih, shou fi lyom?" I had asked her. The nerve I got!

I guess it's not the right time to mention I've been noticing a couple of white hairs every now and then, is it?

Oh, I made a record today: finding a single word in the dictionary took me up to 5 minutes! My mind was obviously somewhere else. It was one of those moment, when you start skimming through the pages, wondering for a second what the right alphabetical order of the letters is.

Yalla, better go back to work. Still one week to go.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 1:25:00 PM, Blogger nour said...

come on, i hardly remember more than a few birthdays, the rest i have them on my mobile...

life gives different paths for people, it is nice to call someone on their birtday... after all, why do it if one doesn't care?

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:15:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Nour, it's the way I personally feel about the whole thing. I'm not saying It's the rule out there. it shouts out obligation and formality to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home