Sunday, March 12, 2006

My Deathclock

They call themselves: "a friendly reminder that life is slipping away" HUH! Like there is such thing aslan!

But seriously, watching your deathclock is kind of weird, even if this whole thing was just silly. It's like a slap on the face: tic, tic, tic, your seconds are slipping away... tic, tic, tic...

According to the deathclock, my time will come on October 13, 2059. It will be a Monday. A new week. Mondays are always a time to make resolutions, to finish things one had postponed or put aside. Mondays... new beginnings... new trips... new whatever... Fall would have just started. It wouldn't be too cold at that time. no too hot either. I'd be extinct with a soft breeze, with Emily's last birds of September. I wonder if I'd be first to go, or maybe longing to join those who had preceded me. I wonder...
I wonder if I'd leave with a smile of satisfaction.

I still have 1, 690, 977, 561 seconds left. no wait, 560... 559... 558...

13 Comments:

At Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:32:00 PM, Blogger ayman_elgendy said...

MINE IS 2049......HORRIBLE SKELETON BESIDE IT SECONDS CLOCK THAT IS COUNTING DOWN...
I,M SURE IT IS SILLY THING BUT IT WAS SCARY FOR ME...

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Lazarus said...

2055. damn. if i put optimistic, it jumps up to 20 years!

yalla, 50 more years is good.

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 2:33:00 AM, Blogger Hassan said...

Hmm, I'm not going to try. But you should think less about such things. Think happy thoughts, you know; like, you could be in a plane crash and die at 27. :)

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 2:34:00 AM, Blogger Hassan said...

Hmm, I'm not going to try. But you should think less about such things. Think happy thoughts, you know; like, you could be in a plane crash and die at 27. :)

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 5:33:00 AM, Blogger nour said...

mine is April 2nd, 2044...i'd die 67, well fair enough.. LOL
Actually, lately i been thinking about that AGE issue, like my days are passing and still, things are not quite as.. let's say planned..

btw: being a non smoker would have added 7 years to my physical existence.. interesting.

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 6:35:00 AM, Blogger Zanzounito said...

oh crap, mine says 2007! Just kidding ;)

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 12:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even have the guts to open the link...although am a curious gemini..yet I never have been with such stuff

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Ayman,
it sure is!

Lazarus,
yalla, smile to life laken :D

Hassan,
always very supportive! heard you the first time, no need to repeat yourself :p

Nour,
you know I actually forgot you smoke? khalas, i'll make you quit! ;)

Zanzounito,
lah! di3an shabebek :)!

Nerro,
well, till now, it appears I'm living the longest among u guys :P

 
At Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:52:00 PM, Blogger Jamal said...

WOAH!! I'm gonna live longer than NOAH, but gonna choke a couple of weeks before my birthday. 98th birthday.

 
At Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:02:00 AM, Blogger Eve said...

did you use the "optimism" option? since where were you optimist? hein? za3bara :p !

 
At Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:44:00 PM, Blogger Jamal said...

I moved from USA USA USA to Beirut to get ahead in life, that my dear is optimism bordering on hallucination.

 
At Sunday, May 07, 2006 2:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine said 2076!!!! on a saturday...the 11th
I live longer then any of you losers!!

 
At Sunday, September 03, 2006 6:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha i cant wait till 2071 lol.. apparently im dying on a monday aswel on 2nd of april.. hah we'll see.. i mean wat if i got hit by a car or somethn? dnt they think bout that? pfft well byebye

-7ayati-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home