Thursday, September 28, 2006

Familia

A couple of days ago, while sitting in a café, I noticed that the woman at the table in front of me was my cousin, from my father’s side - (as in bint 3amti), whom I haven’t seen since more than ten years ago. Of course she didn’t recognize me because I was just a kid back then, but she, on the other hand, was easily spotted: beside the five-time-bigger minor detail, she almost never changed. Oh that was mean of me… make it seven times bigger.

Yesterday, while doing some window shopping, another cousin of mine, from my mother’s side this time (as in ibn khali) nearly touched shoulders with me, tellement on etait proche! And still la 7ayat li man tounadi… I followed him afterwards a la Sherlock Holmes, and watched how my little shy cute cousin met with his girlfriend at the end of the mall’s passageway. Cute! Hal fas3oun!

Anyway, I guess what I’m trying to say, in a way, is that... I do miss those big family gatherings, especially in Ramadan…

and kamein, in a way, I do envy those people with the 10 uncles and 15 aunts, and dozens of cousins, w sitto w jiddo w 3ammo w 3amto w ilakh ilakh...

Bon, end of break. see you when i'm in the mood for blogging.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, September 28, 2006 6:15:00 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

Personally, I am finding difficult to remember the names of all my little cousins those who are 3 or 4 years old!

 
At Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:12:00 PM, Blogger The Eyewitness said...

I have hardly had such family gathering, so you can till I hope I have such ones but I don't miss them. Hope you can have one soon, you may work to invite all your relatives in Ramadan.

 
At Friday, September 29, 2006 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Hashem said...

I used to be sick of all those big family gatherings....seriously. Alot of envy and fake smiles....except for a few times of real family spirit.
Ma 7ada radi bewad3o :)

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger linalone said...

"I do envy those people with the 10 uncles and 15 aunts, and dozens of cousins, w sitto w jiddo w 3ammo w 3amto w ilakh ilakh...", Don't envy anyone as hashem said, la anno iza endik ktir 2araybine bte2rafe 7alik, s2ale mjarib, el ketre 7elwe bas mouch 3ala toul, bi mounesabet kalile jeddan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home