Saturday, November 12, 2005

Leaf #20

One of my colleagues returned today from Jordan after miracously escaping the recent bombings. (She was staying in one of the hotels, when it got hit). The sight there was beyond description, she said. She was rushing down in one of the elevators, to leave the hotel, when a lone tourist asked her with a shaking voice: “My wife was waiting for me at the bar. Do you think she's still alive? Please, tell me she is!” She couldn’t help but repeating those useless words: “I’m sure she is, I'm sure…”
When they reached the lobby, there was no bar anymore.



For a moment there, I pictured how he might have felt. I didn't even come close. But boy it hurt so!

5 Comments:

At Saturday, November 12, 2005 1:54:00 AM, Blogger Wonderer said...

What happened in Jordon is a real disaster.
Rabina youstor 3ala the middle east. Things are going from bad to worth in the whole area.

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 2:37:00 PM, Blogger Xylocaine said...

very tragic and sad...i could picture the scene....it just makes me annoyed at the stupid criminals...

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Alia said...

very very very sad

i still couldn't believe that they would do this in such a peacful country...

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:59:00 PM, Blogger Delirious said...

:(

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:12:00 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

I can't understand why this happened... :S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home