Friday, November 18, 2005

Back in the Game

My world is starting to make some sense again!

I resumed my dance classes, and it was about time, to say the least! And what do you know? I've been missed! (But of course, that has never stopped Caracalla's haughty teachers from savoring each critical observation, and making you feel like Miss Rusty Body 24/7! What a bunch of snobbish heartless idiots! They suck the life out of you, and leave you totally breathless, totally sweaty, weak and helpless. Strangely enough, you just have to love every second of it!

As I was saying, it was about time. Why? Well, there is a countdown, and there is a show. In exactly one month, starting from today, I'll be on stage for the first time in my life, dancing Dabké (ya waylehhhh!). Unfortunately, I had already missed the first two dances (the Spanish style & the Scheherazade style), and nearly missed the third one (the Dabké style). Ya3neh good thing I thought of dropping by today! They had already started with the rehearsals and I looked like an idiot, true, but hopefully I'll get use to it with time. Inno hopefully. Hope so. Cross my fingers. Inshallah……….. Ok, khalas let's face it, I'm dead! Ya3neh, a Lebanese girl who doesn’t know how to dance the Dabké… shame on me!

Try not to be there on Dec 17th, Ivoire Theatre, at (well the time isn't settled yet). Whistle a lot, and let me hear much clapping (while you're not there, that is). And most importantly, try not to laugh if I suddenly stood still, as if pinned to the ground. Ya waylehhhhhh….

Oh yeah, my world is definitely making sense again! I'm back in the game!

10 Comments:

At Friday, November 18, 2005 5:06:00 PM, Blogger Flying_Monkeys said...

Wish I was clsoe by to go and watch this. I hope it will go well for you. And please, if I may, don't ever leave this snobish people such the air out of your life.
ciao

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 4:43:00 PM, Blogger Xylocaine said...

Are you serious?!!! Dabke?!! it's never too late bas DABKE dabke ya shabab....

BTW did you win the contest thing?

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 7:49:00 PM, Blogger Alia said...

WOW girl...

you're taking dancing classes with Caracalla .. i adore them ..
love there shows.

q: you're gonna appear in one of there shows? tell me when coz i'm visiting Buirut on Jan

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 8:07:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

thx flying_monkeys,

nah, they're sucking the air in a good way (if there is such a thing) it's strange how you feel great after the exercise :)

xycolaine,

I think the last day of voting is nov 21. bass sawtouleeeh :-)

Alia,

it's just a one-night show for beginners, where students have the chance to invite family and friends. my boss is coming, can you imagine?
on jan, you can sneak into one of our classes ;-)

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:13:00 PM, Blogger IronMask said...

Dabké… ???
همممم ، وين سامع بهالكلمة من قبل!!!
:P
just Kidding :)

waiting for the show!!

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 7:15:00 AM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

Coming to see!

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dancing classes!!! interesting ya Eve....another stereotypical thought...I had the thought that all Lebanese would be born dancing Dabke'....something like belly-dancing with Egyptians :)

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:52:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Ironmask, ma ba3ref, wein seme3a? ;-)

Shirazi, yalla, ahla w sahla!

Nerro, ya reit! does that mean you belly-dance perfectly? :)

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005 9:19:00 AM, Blogger Eve said...

Now, I'm confused.. are you a real blogger, or are spam ads enhanced that much?

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005 3:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it comes with the package dear ;-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home