Friday, November 25, 2005

Lalalalalalala

Usually, my first reaction when I get in a taxi is: "3am… euh… mister… akhouna… can you please turn on the radio?" I can't help it… something doesn't feel right unless there is some musical tune in the background.

Sometimes, I'd be forced to sit there and listen to the latest political news, or to some silly meaningless dedications, genre: "A7la tahiyyeh la ahla "Doumou3" & "Ashjan"… w tahiyyeh lal control… w I've been trying to call you for the past two hours, just to send my greetings to someone I'm not even sure he's listening, and whom I can just pick up the phone and call!", or to a "sexline-like" girl, who is so "mam7ouneh" that the host is nearly begging her to stop the act and raise her voice. Inno pfff!

Anyway, I got in the bus today, and took the seat behind the driver, who was enchanting us with a series of Tarab songs. They were playing "Akdeb 3aleik", my favorite! I was so in the mood, and thus sang heartily; however, little did I know that my voice was getting louder and louder and... well, louder. Tayyeb, how would I? Even the old French woman who was sitting right next to me was, the whole time, the living proof of a human statue! A few minutes later, however, the driver turned to me and said: "why did you stop?!" I was like: "hein????" When I figured out what he meant, I literally sank in my seat. "So, you don't know the lyrics of the second verse? Is that it?" he added.

I couldn't help laughing and said: "right! Shhh… don’t tell anyone about the singing passenger :-)"

4 Comments:

At Friday, November 25, 2005 12:02:00 AM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

:)

 
At Friday, November 25, 2005 6:00:00 PM, Blogger Flying_Monkeys said...

Why not a podcast for your fellow readers one of these days?
;-)

 
At Friday, November 25, 2005 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Wonderer said...

Hello singing passenger,
Funny post... keep the tune:))

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:58:00 PM, Blogger Alia said...

i love that song too

& keep singing, if it makes u happy, for me i know it does, in fact when i'm in a good mood, driving my car i would sing loudly, it makes me feel good

i wish i can sing on stage
but i have a terrible voice .. so singing in teh car/taxi would do it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home