Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Three Minutes of Fame


I think I've never had so much fun since a really long time.

Remember that dance I told you about?

The one thing that had annoyed me about my previous trip to Egypt was that I would miss the dance show, which I've been waiting for since ages.
But I didn’t!
I resumed my dance courses three days before the dance show, and didn’t even bother asking Tatiana if I'll still be included in the Dabké. However, my oriental dance teacher suggested, actually forced me, to participate in her other kind of dance (after making a promise of killing the poor me of course… haram Myrna; I can't remember how many times she wanted my head on a stick). Anyway, I had only two courses to learn the whole dance, and was naturally in a real state of panic!

Don't ask me how my first dance in front of an audience was. All I can say is it was really scary and really marvelous! I didn't even realize what I was about to do, except during the five minutes before the starting, hence the coolness which confused my fellow dancers at first. What's more, the girls were finding difficulty in smiling while dancing, as recommended; while I was finding it difficult to wipe the panic smile of my face. I think I was the only girl who was smiling from ear to ear, the whole time. The smile strangely stuck on my face, to such an extent that if someone slapped me at the time, I wouldn’t have had the force to wipe it off. And don't let me start with the shawl, which I barely managed to untie on time, due to the interlacement of beads and threads. But in general, we were a huge success, and much to our surprise, people loved us! In the end, they drew out a couple of names, and... what do you know! I won a Xmas present!

As for our special tunes, which I'll NEVER forget from now on: Zay el Hawa Remix (you know.. the famous line: "w delwa2ti, zay el hawa") + this.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves now.

Les coulisses: last-minute preparations








Actually, this is last-minute panick



It's showtime!










10 Comments:

At Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:17:00 AM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:23:00 AM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

Wonderful photos... I am glad you made it despite Egypt trip. :)

By the way, beautiful eyes. ;)

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2005 2:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad u made it...nice pix, "The smile strangely stuck on my face"...thank god it didn'tn go the other way round :))

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:55:00 PM, Blogger Fouad said...

Very nice :)

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2005 7:37:00 PM, Blogger linalone said...

Wawwwwww!!

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 8:32:00 AM, Blogger Alia said...

Wow Eve

those pictures are great, good job, glad you made it after all, the show seems wonderful.
picture no. 7 looks really good, as if you were dancing with the moon.

lucky you, i always loved the idea of being part in a dance show

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 11:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

سلام
سعيد بالفعل لانك حققت امنيتك
سلمي لي كثيرا على صاحبة العينين

 
At Sunday, January 01, 2006 12:21:00 AM, Blogger redpepper said...

hey there eve,
well i salute ur tremendous efforts on ur blogs ..i wish i had enough time or mruwwe to do 10% of ur work ...
anyways ...concerning the pictures..well much to my surprise ...i think i know one of the girls in the pics... was this show performed by karakalla?(nevermind the spelling)

 
At Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:10:00 AM, Blogger Eve said...

oops,you know one of the girls? which one? let's keep this a secret, she'll probably kill me ;-)! yeah, it was caracalla, were you there?

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:39:00 PM, Blogger redpepper said...

Actually no i told her she was happy about it ...but eventually she didnt know who u r ...well basically cuz i dont know ur name ..i couldnt just say eve ...
anyways her name is mira S. and no i wasnt there but i probably will be at the next show which is near 7asab ma fhimit ...
Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home